127,303Mentions Per Day
Note: Twitter’s API allows for the release of 100% of Twitter data. Other social media APIs only allow for the release of a fraction of their data. While Twitter users are not necessarily representative of the American population, Twitter data is representative of news coverage and information that is circulating through other online social networks.
* Hover over the icons for name of media source.
The following themes have been identified by PGP as the most commonly found in conversation. The chart in the Weekly Monitoring Report presents the Top 5 themes in conversation that week. However, for an overview of all major themes that have been found in conversation, refer to the definitions below.
- Health Effects - Long-term negative health effects due to tobacco, e-cigarettes or nicotine, such as lung cancer, secondhand smoke, diabetes, or chronic diseases; short- term negative health effects, such as bad breath or yellowed fingernails; or general risks related to use of products. With reference to conversation around e-cigarettes, the negative health effects of tobacco are commonly referenced as a reason for using e-cigarettes.
- Negative Attributes - Negative attributes of tobacco (not health-related), including being uncool, unattractive, or not popular
- Policy - Policies related to e-cigarettes or tobacco, or regulations and taxes. Conversation within this theme commonly references changes to the minimum age to purchase e-cigarettes or tobacco, or policies around regulation of production and distribution of e-cigarettes.
- Quitting - Tobacco cessation, often references quitting cigarettes through the use of e-cigarettes
- Research - Research related to e-cigarettes or tobacco.
- Sales - Online sales, advertisements or promotions of tobacco or e-cigarettes, or policies related to selling and considerations of changing the legal sales age.
- Youth - Use of e-cigarettes or tobacco by youth, or education of youth on issues related to e-cigarette or tobacco use (often including educational anti-tobacco campaigns).
This list shows the most shared stories by link on social media.
|1||Reuters Top News|
|3||The New York Times|
|4||BBC News (World)|
|5||CNN Breaking News|
Influence scoring methodology takes into consideration a combination of Author attributes such as number of followers, number of posts, if the author is verified as well as the likelihood of the author to be a bot.