517Mentions Per Day
Note: Twitter’s API allows for the release of 100% of Twitter data. Other social media APIs only allow for the release of a fraction of their data. While Twitter users are not necessarily representative of the American population, Twitter data is representative of news coverage and information that is circulating through other online social networks.
* Hover over the icons for name of media source.
The following themes have been identified by PGP as the most commonly found in conversation. The chart in the Weekly Monitoring Report presents the Top 5 themes in conversation that week. However, for an overview of all major themes that have been found in conversation, refer to the definitions below.
- Care - References various types of care than an older adult may receive, healthcare, lack of care or abuse associated with caregiving, or isolation/ loneliness among caregivers.
- Diseases & Health Problems - Health issues and risks associated with isolation / loneliness, or diseases associated with aging.
- Family - Family and family dynamics in relation to isolation /loneliness, or individual personal experiences with isolation / loneliness in the family.
- Finances - Financial struggles among older adults, financial stability, often references retirement.
- Housing - Housing and various communities for older adults, or challenges related to housing and older adults.
- Insurance - Conversation about health insurance
- Interaction - Spending time with older adults, or older adults spending time with friends and family.
- Policy & Services - State / local policies that impact older adults, or community services related to older adults
- Research & Clinical Trials - Studies or research findings related to older adults and/or social isolation / loneliness.
- Retirement - Various aspects of retirement and planning for retirement, the struggles / concerns that older adults have while in retirement.
- Technology - Use of technology associated with aging and care, often a specific focus on social media, AI, robots, and smart technology
- Treatment & Medication - Types of treatment and medications that older adults use.
This list shows the most shared stories by link on social media.
|1||BBC News (World)|
|3||Los Angeles Times|
Influence scoring methodology takes into consideration a combination of Author attributes such as number of followers, number of posts, if the author is verified as well as the likelihood of the author to be a bot.