9,963Mentions Per Day
Note: Twitter’s API allows for the release of 100% of Twitter data. Other social media APIs only allow for the release of a fraction of their data. While Twitter users are not necessarily representative of the American population, Twitter data is representative of news coverage and information that is circulating through other online social networks.
* Hover over the icons for name of media source.
The following themes have been identified by PGP as the most commonly found in conversation. The chart in the Weekly Monitoring Report presents the Top 5 themes in conversation that week. However, for an overview of all major themes that have been found in conversation, refer to the definitions below.
- Attendance - Attendance of students, or negative outcomes resulting from absenteeism.
- Bullying - Bullying, both from the perspective of a parent, teacher, or individual remembering former experiences
- Discipline - Discipline at home or in schools, including detention, suspension, and expulsion, debates over the merits of certain types of discipline, or ideas related to restorative justice
- Food and Nutrition Policy - Policies and practices related to school food or nutrition programs, initiatives, and policies, or free / reduced food programs
- General Nutrition - General nutrition and food within the context of school wellness, (excluding food and nutrition policy, as described above)
- Mental Health - Mental health in general, or specific mental health conditions. References ways to support mental health of students and staff
- Physical Activity - Related to physical activity and students, including conversation around exercise, recess, sports, and gym class
- Policy and Programs - General policies and initiatives related to school wellness (excluding Food and Nutrition Policy, as described above)
- Poverty - Poverty in general, school wellness issues that stem from poverty, or ways that schools are addressing poverty among their students.
- Social Emotional Health - References social-emotional aspects involved in child development and learning.
- Technology - Use of technology and the internet in the classroom, or educational technology / computer programs
This list shows the most shared stories by link on social media.
|2||The Washington Post|
|3||The Associated Press|
Influence scoring methodology takes into consideration a combination of Author attributes such as number of followers, number of posts, if the author is verified as well as the likelihood of the author to be a bot.