An asterisk (*) is used in the navigation to identify pages that feature additional insight.
5,898Mentions Per Day
Note: Twitter’s API allows for the release of 100% of Twitter data. Other social media APIs only allow for the release of a fraction of their data. While Twitter users are not necessarily representative of the American population, Twitter data is representative of news coverage and information that is circulating through other online social networks.
* Hover over the icons for name of media source.
The following themes have been identified by PGP as the most commonly found in conversation. The chart in the Weekly Monitoring Report presents the Top 5 themes in conversation that week. However, for an overview of all major themes that have been found in conversation, refer to the definitions below.
- Diet Drinks - Diet soda or diet drinks, including perceived merits of diet soda, switching from regular soda to diet soda, or quitting diet soda altogether
- Fruit Juice & Fruit Drinks - Fruit juice specifically, as well as fruit flavored drinks like Hi-C or Capri Sun
- Negative Health Effects - Reference various categories of negative health outcomes related to consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages
- Children & Teens - The impact of sugar-sweetened beverages on children and teens specifically
- Policy & Soda Tax - Policies and legislation related to sugar-sweetened beverages
- Choose Water - Messages reference the desire to stop drinking sugar-sweetened beverages and switching to water instead
This list shows the most shared stories by link on social media.
Influence scoring methodology takes into consideration a combination of Author attributes such as number of followers, number of posts, if the author is verified as well as the likelihood of the author to be a bot.