An asterisk (*) is used in the navigation to identify pages that feature additional insight.
36,344Mentions Per Day
Note: Twitter’s API allows for the release of 100% of Twitter data. Other social media APIs only allow for the release of a fraction of their data. While Twitter users are not necessarily representative of the American population, Twitter data is representative of news coverage and information that is circulating through other online social networks.
* Hover over the icons for name of media source.
The following themes have been identified by PGP as the most commonly found in conversation. The chart in the Weekly Monitoring Report presents the Top 5 themes in conversation that week. However, for an overview of all major themes that have been found in conversation, refer to the definitions below.
- Awareness or Promotion: Messages mention stigma and discrimination related to mental health or existing anti-stigma movements
- Clinical: Clinical treatment options, such as: references to therapy, the types of professionals who provide mental health services, or medication
- Dangerousness: Mention the perception of dangerousness, including both positive and negative perspectives, such as: references to those with mental health conditions being dangerous; or refuting the idea that those with mental health conditions are dangerous Loved Ones: A loved one’s experience with mental health or substance abuse, including both positive and negative expressions
- Personal Experience: One’s own experience with mental health or substance abuse, including both positive and negative expressions
- Policy: Government policy or legislation related to mental health
- Research Findings: Research studies or new findings on mental health
- Self Harm: Self-harming behaviors, including suicide
- Tips & Advice: Non-clinical or non-medical methods for managing or enhancing mental health and well-being
- Trivializing: Messages mention minimizing or trivializing of mental health conditions, from two perspectives: referencing mental health conditions in a trivializing way, or referencing the need for people to stop trivializing mental health conditions
This list shows the most shared stories by link on social media.
|4||Al Jazeera English|
Influence scoring methodology takes into consideration a combination of Author attributes such as number of followers, number of posts, if the author is verified as well as the likelihood of the author to be a bot.