31,920Mentions Per Day
Note: Twitter’s API allows for the release of 100% of Twitter data. Other social media APIs only allow for the release of a fraction of their data. While Twitter users are not necessarily representative of the American population, Twitter data is representative of news coverage and information that is circulating through other online social networks.
* Hover over the icons for name of media source.
The following themes have been identified by PGP as the most commonly found in conversation. The chart in the Weekly Monitoring Report presents the Top 5 themes in conversation that week. However, for an overview of all major themes that have been found in conversation, refer to the definitions below.
- Big Pharma - The role of the pharmaceutical industry
- Chronic Pain - The role of chronic pain in the opioid epidemic
- Criminal Justice - The role of the criminal justice system, particularly among those who transport or sell opioids.
- Doctors The role of physicians in the epidemic
- Family - The impact that the epidemic has had on families
- Policy - Policies related to opioids and the government’s response to the epidemic.
This list shows the most shared stories by link on social media.
|1||Reuters Top News|
|3||The New York Times|
|5||The Wall Street Journal|
Influence scoring methodology takes into consideration a combination of Author attributes such as number of followers, number of posts, if the author is verified as well as the likelihood of the author to be a bot.